The Global Context
62% of countries in the world are now ruled by democratically elected
governments, but only 50% of the world’s population lives in a country
ruled by a democratic government.
The number of inter-state and intra-state conflicts has increased over the past ten years.
State ratification of international treaties for human rights has increased steadily over the last few decades.
14% of the world’s richest countries own 86% of global wealth.
For all countries to match current consumption patterns in wealthy
countries requires more than seven times the current supply of natural
According to EUROAD’ charter, the organization’s mission is:
- We prepare reports on democracy (freedom of the press, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly etc.) in Azerbaijan.
- We provide urgently needed legal assistance to Azerbaijani refugees in Europe.
- We organize forum, seminars and other activities for European Azerbaijanis.
- We build relationships with international organizations, Human Rights NGOs etc.
- Our focus on stronger ethics and more transparent campaign finance disclosure encourages honest leaders and reduces government fraud.
- Our emphasis on leadership training means more people will have the skills to participate in the decisions affecting their communities.
- We also offer you training and resources to help you become an active citizen.
- We are committed to help, both supporting
efforts to undertake difficult reforms, and by standing by the
Azerbaijani people as they exercise their democratic rights.
- We will maintain an open dialogue and
friendly relations with all political parties and leaders, but we will
neither endorse nor support any of them in Azerbaijan’s electoral
- We will support the development of democratic values,
democratic processes and democratic institutions, and the exercise of
- We are on the road of democracy and intend to follow this road till the end.